Do you want to know why it is recommended that you take preparation classes to get a good score on the SAT test ? You may think that it is better and cheaper if you prepare yourself However, the great help and advice you will receive from our teachers will allow you to get a great score on the SAT test. According to AbbreviationFinder, SAT stands for Scholastic Aptitude Test.
Three SAT Prep Tips
When we begin teaching SAT classes to a student who is interested in achieving the highest score, we follow a series of steps that ensure success We are not only based on training you and that you can solve problems, our final goal is that you can enter a prestigious American university.
1. We will explain what types of questions will be asked in the exam and prepare you for them
The SAT is a test that works using the same types of questions. For example, in the Reading section there will be questions that focus on the main idea of a passage or others that ask the reader to compare and contrast two shorter paragraphs. We’ll help you familiarize yourself with all the questions in the math, reading sections, and even get tips on how to prepare a great essay. Our classes are a very effective way to practice and avoid surprises on the day of the test.
2. We will help you identify which questions you have the most difficulty with and solve them with you.
In our SAT exam preparation classes and through our mock and diagnostic tests, you will know which section of the test you will need to reinforce.
Once you’ve covered what kinds of common questions you have on the exam, we’ll help you determine which ones are the easiest for you and the ones that need the most work In this way, you can master them.
3. Everything is a matter of time!
On timed admissions tests, like the SAT, questions aren’t the only obstacle; you also have to look at the clock. In the last weeks before the exam, our teachers will provide you with techniques that will allow you to improve your time. Also, thanks to the simulations, you will be able to know how long you take to solve each section of the exam. This will be a good indicator to know where you can improve or if you are on the right track. Remember, every time you take a mock SAT test, imagine you were taking the actual test Thus, you will simulate the experience in the best possible way and you will feel comfortable on the day of the exam.
Things to do the day before the SAT test
The SAT is a test that requires patience, concentration, and a great deal of preparation. When the day before your test comes, there are still some important last minute things you need to do to prepare. For this reason, below, we will mention some of the advice that our teachers usually give students the day before taking the SAT exam.
1. Make a list of all you need
As long as you bring the four essential elements that we will mention later, you will have no problem taking the SAT test:
- Admission ticket: You will not be able to enter if you don’t have your admission ticket, so this is the first thing to check. Generally, this ticket is emailed to you after you register for the exam. It is your responsibility to print it out and have it with you on the day of the test.
- Photo identification: Remember to take your valid ID with you.
- Two # 2 pencils and an eraser: It is your responsibility to bring these items.
- Calculator: You have the option of using a calculator during the SAT test, so don’t forget to bring one! Of course, the calculator must be an officially approved model In other words, don’t bring any calculator with you. Also, cell phones are not allowed.
2. Sleep well
If you are tired on the day of the test, your performance will suffer. Make sure you get proper rest (sleep your eight hours) before exam day!
3. Wear a wristwatch
As we mentioned earlier, cell phones are not allowed and, therefore, you will not be able to see the time on them. Carrying a wristwatch with you will be very useful to measure your time if you do not like to look at the wall clock all the time.